AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a strange problem with my system. This is my setup: Denon 2800 DVD player connected to Quadscan Elite via interlaced component, then to Seleco HT250 (1024x768) DLP projector. Screen size 90". All quality cables from Bettercables.

I initially tried the XGA output resolution, and while it seems to provide the sharpest image, there is a significant problem which I am not sure how to describe: in most scenes, when a light object on the screen moves, a horizontal “streak†follows it all over the screen, sometimes they seem like “flashes†or lightning. It is very annoying, making it virtually unusable (even my kids commented this, their standards are pretty low). This only happens in XGA resolution (unfortunately the native resolution of my projector), I have not seen the problem with other resolutions. Also, I discovered it only happens in PAL, but not in NTSC. Finally, also when viewing a PAL disk, a vertical band of light appears on the last inch or so of the image, blurring it. It can be corrected with the horizontal size control, but also eliminating part of the image. I tried another DVD player and another projector, and the problem is still there. I played around with the different motion compensation modes on both the DVD player and on the scaler, but they made no difference. I believe I now understand the logic of how the Quadscan operates, and I have played around with pretty much everything.

A progressive scan component signal straight from player to projector shows none of these problems, so I doubt either of these are at fault. In fact, overall this simple component connection seems better than the one using the scaler.

Whilst I wait for a solution, which other resolution would be the next best, SVGA? In general if the on board scaler has to do something, is it better if it “ups†or “downs�

Thansk for any help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.