AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a Quadscan Elite for my Barco 808 for a fair bit less than the new CS-HD. What does the CS-HD have that I would need that the Quadscan does not?

Brian

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No help here? I looked again and it seems that the CS-HD will not output 960P? Is that correct? Brian

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm in the same situation (looking for a scaler for my 808) and when I called AVS and asked Jason this question, it basically seemed like the CS-HD was a step ahead of the QuadScan in all respects. Sadly, I don't remember the details an the CS-HD had not been released at the time so there were no reviews out. But I bet if you call Jason he can give you the specifics that I'm not remembering.

Let me know what you get...I still have not bought anything!

Craig E.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You may want to check out the ESI VLS-2000. It will output 960P, although I can't seem to get it to work with my 1209. 720P looks great. I'm still working on the 960P (see my other post about 960P black bands). I had a Quadscan before this scaler I used with my 701S and I like the ESI much better. No experience with the Centerstage HD.

Rod

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I use a BG808s and previously owned a Quadscan Pro which is very close to the Elite. I have moved up to the CS-1 which is like the CS-HD

Basically better picture and more flexibility. The QS Pro can't do 1280 * 720. If you can get the QS really cheap - then it won't hurt. It is still a very good scaler IMO for $. I picked up the CS-1 for a real good price from Jason himself here at AVS. There is a small bug with the interlaced component inputs on the CS-1 / BG808 combo that others have reported here as well in 1280 * 720. This problem does not exist when using the component progressive inputs.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I would check out the ESI VLS-2000 except that they only auction about one per week on ebay and I dont like getting caught up in that. Brian

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I am thinking about buying a focus quad-scan elite rack mount video

processor and was wondering if this unit will work well with a barco

vision 701 crt projector.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got an elite about a week ago. The non hd version works very well for crt's with doubling, tripling and quadrupling. Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.