AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Quadscan Pro as part of the power buy which I am running into a Barco Graphics 808 on a 80x45 screen.

Here's my frustrating problem. When I set resolution on the Quadscan to anything higher than line doubling, the image displayed on the raster is half the size of my screen (horizontally).

I tried to scale the image using the Quadscan to fit horizontally on the screen but the quadscan adjustments only go so far and i still end up with a small image on the face of my CRT raster (major burn-in alert). To get the image to fill my screen, I moved the projector about a 18 inches farther away from the screen (well beyond the calculations indicated in the barco lens program.) To make matters worse, the edges of the image are out of focus due to scaling the image to the maximum on the Quadscan. The more I scale the image to fit the screen using the Quadscan sdjustments, the worse the focus becomes.

How do I get a full size image out of the quadscan at a higher resolution so that I can set up my Barco properly?

Thanks.

spkeasy

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just ordered one of the Quadscan Pro B-stocks from Jason here at AVS as well. I am running a NEC PG 9200 CRT.

Did you try adjusting amplitude settings in your projector? (you probably did....)

I sure hope that this isn't a problem with the Quadscans.

Try contacting Focus directly and let us know what they have to say.

tech support: 408-370-9963. 8 am-5 pm, Pacific

or E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By amplitude, I assume you mean scan rate. The Barco automatically adjusts the scan rate depending on the signal input. At XGA, the Barco tells me that the scan rate is 61mhz

I will be talking to focus further. They thought it was a scan rate problem as well. There is some similar discussion on this topic in the CRT board with HTPCs using dscaler. They did not have much of a solution.

Please let me know if you learn anything. I will still be digging into it.

spkeasy

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
amplitude or picture size, have you played with it to see any change in the pic size?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.