AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into picking up a Quadscan Pro for my Barco 1208.

I was wondering what should I know about the Quadscan? Picture quality? Artifacts, if any? Color problems (I heard something about this)? Should I get one with or without the filters and why? I'm still new to this projector thing so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Quadscan and the Barco 1208 can work very well together. I have setup the combo of these two in 3 different installations, one with a 120" diagonal 4:3 screen (very large, in a non-light-controlled room). I decided that the line-tripled setting was best for this particular projector in those environments (with a 4:3 image). Even the 120" screen in the reflective room had enough dynamic contrast range to make DVDs really shine. The crappy quality of DirectTv was nowhere near as good-looking, especially at that size (not the Quadscan's fault, DirectTv just looks mostly like crap, except maybe with an SDI output to an SDI scaler).

Definately get the QS unit without the output filters. I've also heard that there are input filters that can be removed, although I've never had the opportunity to mess with that aspect. There is a thread here somewhere on the forum concerning it. Try looking with the forum search function.

Jason

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
The QS Elites have an input filter, the QS Pros do not. Actually the input filters are a choke (coil) on the 3 wires for the component inputs. They are not removed in the classic sense, rather they are bypassed when doing the mod with a jumper wire with ferrite bead for each of the 3 coils. I agree that line trippled is the way to go with this projector. Frankly the bandwidth of the FEs is too narrow to support quadrupled even though that output resolution is available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.