Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got a QS for my Barco 1208.

But I can't seem to figure some things out. Output 16:9B, input 16:9 (Sony DVD set to 16:9) and triple tv mode. Picture from Avia's menu is shifted totally to the left in 4:3 format. I run through all the other resolutions and it fills to 16:9 just fine. Am I missing something?

Also the manual notes an hdtv resolution of 1280x720 but as I scroll through the list on the QS no HDTV setting. Comments?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Do a mode reset and toggle all your settings up and down one to see where you rally are. Do not assume that because the display reads 16x9b, it is actually there. Go up one setting and then set the setting to where you want it to be.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
As a note of further explanation, the QS with the most recent programming assigns memories to ceratin toggles. Thus although you have set several toggles, setting anothe may take you to the toggles set for that memorary. The issue is further complicated because the display won't show what those memorary toggles you just inadvertently switched to are. There is a prefererred order to toggle the toggles to avoid this. Input aspect ratio, output aspect ratio, then resolution, I think. I am going from memorary here. Shaun can verify the correct order. Let me know if this solves your problem. It should.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark,

Thanks again. So far looks like I still need to futz with it a little. Thing is I get 16x9 when I try all other resolutions but triple tv gives me a 4:3 picture shifted totally to the left of the screen. Probably a preset you were talking about.

Any idea why the manual makes note of an HDTV setting 1280x720 but I can't seem to find it when I scroll through the resolutions?

Thanks,

andy

·
Registered
982 Posts
Andy,

The HDTV resolution was removed and replaced with another one (I forget which one now), after your documentation was printed. It's not a big deal though. There are several resolutions you can use that will look great on your 1208. Will you be using a 16x9 or 4x3 screen? That will dictate which resolutions you use.

Chris

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Why would Quadscan leave the most popular resolution out of the Quadscan does not make since to me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I was just over at Andy's place and helped him set up the 1208/QuadScan combo. I set up triple and Quad for him and while both look great, triple is a near perfect match. Scan lines are barely visable from about a foot away. Quad has line overlap and the picture looks a little soft in comparison. This is totally expected since I have the same setup. The only difference is that I'm projecting onto a bigger 4x3 screen. I use XGA (1024x768) for anamorphic DVD's and I use DILA (1365x1024) for full screen 4x3.

Bottom line, don't worry about the HDTV output resolution they removed. There's plenty of others to go around for 16x9 and 4x3 screens.

I also use the double-modes (DBL, VGA, SVGA) on my Princeton Graphics 32" monitor. It looks fantastic as well.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.