AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a Quadscan Pro, and while it is nice, have been experiencing hugely crushed - almost limited - whites and blacks, when using the component inputs. Wasn't going to post, then found a reference in the archives intimating that someone here did indeed know what to do about this problem.

When feeding component out from my Denon 1600 (480i) into the Quadscan, the picture I get on my Runco 8" crt is washed out - uncontrollably bright. If I terminate the component input I'm using, that helps the white levels, but then the bottom 3 or 4 squares down to black on a grayscale adjustment aren't there. - It just sort of gives up, and goes from dark gray to black.

Or, to describe better, when trying to setup with the familiar THX setup disk sequence, when I setup the contrast to see the white squares, I can find no combo of brightness and contrast, on the Quadscan and pj that will enable me to see the "THX" in the second brightness screen.

fwiw, with my Iscan Pro I had none of these problems, but everyone disses the Iscan, so I am trying to upgrade. (and don't just tell me to buy a Lumagen - give me the bucks, and I would love to - or just send me one for evaluation ;)

thanks to any and all who can help.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one here using a Quadscan? or know of a fix? I had read that the FE rep hung here, if nothing else, hoping to here from him/her...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Have u checked with Mike Parker? He has a couple tweaks for the Quadscan that might help. I have the same crushed blacks issue with the Quadscan Pro --> E*home 8500 combo. I don't have Mike's current email but I bet he'd show up on a search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.