Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I just purchased one of the B-Stock Quadscan Pros from here (Thanks Alan!!!!) and I am about to place it in my equipment rack and I had a few quick questions for all you professionals.

1. I have the Rackmount version. How much head room do I need for heat dissipation? Can I leave very little room above and below if equipment above and below run cold? The cabinet has no back, so it would not live in a sealed enviornment.

2. Powering up the unit. Should the unit stay on all the time, or can I switch the power off? (I have a MonsterPower HTS3500 which has several switched outlets free controlled by the amp)

Currently I switch the projector off via this method, so I won't be needing the scaler without the amp being on. Will I be risking the health and longevity of the unit by switching it off?

3. For controlling the QscanPro via serial, did everyone build the cable like the manual, or did you just use a unmodified serial cable? I can easily make the new cable, but using one I have is easier than breaking out the Weller iron. :D Also, what software have you used to control your Quadscans?

One last question. I think I read that Firmware rev 2.55 (the one I got) passes the IRE0 signals. Can someone confirm this? I plan on using Avia to set up the Quadscan in the next few days and want to know what to expect.

Thanks for all the help so far, I have found all the previous posts very informative reading.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.