AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I cannot achieve a proper aspect ratio with a Panamorph (nor with an ISCO for that matter). 16:9 is the real problem (I can get a 235:1 to work). The Quadscan has a "letterbox" type of cut-off that will not allow the proper height. You can change the size and do a stretch to get rid of distortion, but this causes a cropping that runs behind the "letterbox" bars.

Can anyone explain this or clarify a way to get the proper 16:9 AR from the Quadscan using and XGA projector with a anamorphic lens. From all of my experiments, I don't think it can be done. PLEASE prove me wrong!

Jeff

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Jeff, I hate to tell you this but your experiments are correct. Do a search on panamorph and quadscan and there was a post awhile back that said this is the case. I don't have any idea what the post was titled but one of the Infmaous Kens was the poster. I also tried to get tall skinny images but with no avail. Sorry about the bad news. Maybe sell it and get a crystal image for about the same price.

Scott

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Did you find the post?? If you do, wouldn't be a bad idea to post a link. There is a reasonable priced Crystal image in the classifieds and the Quadscan will sell quickly.

Scott

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotty,

No. I did not find the post. I actually have a CI sitting right here. I have had three under Warranty because of the blues being offset to the right on the last two units. I decided to try the Quadscan which cured the problem.

I was about to send in the CI, but now this...

Jeff

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Wow, and I was about to get a quadscan to go with the XP21N and Panamorph I'm putting together. So I guess it will be CI + Skyworth.

Just another verification of how incredibly valuable this forum is. The knowledge and generosity of this group really runs deep!

Dan Houck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.