AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! On DEC 15th quake 3 arena will be available to d/l.

Quake Arena Arcade has been batted around for more than three years now, but it looks as though it's finally getting a release. The game will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade next week, December 15.

The game will support 16 players online in six different gameplay modes, including classics like deathmatch, capture the flag, and harvester. There are also 30 old-school maps, a dozen XBLA exclusive arenas, and a new single-player campaign, according to id.

pure awesomeness!!!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I used to love this game back in the day playing on my Mac against a bunch of bots......

"Three frags left"

"You have taken the lead"

That voice yelling those things out was awesome to say the least, made it very intense. Is it the exact same game that was on Mac/PC, Quake 3 Arena???

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is....always loved using the gauntlet...HUMILIATION!!!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Quake CTF for the win!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Nice. I'll look forward to this one. Maybe the Live game I've been most excited about.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
16,820 Posts
This and UT were my forte, can't wait to see if I still 'got it' !!!

And on that note...

Prepare to have your a$$es handed to you gentlemen

Twitch out

Jason

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I played this game on the dreamcast I had a " madcatz panther controller" Basically a flightstick with a trackball. It was a very deadly controller for FPS games...sure wish I could purchase one again. I'm alot better at UT and quake than I am at COD games so hopefully I can rack up some kills. Cant wait to play some CTF!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I've been playing QuakeLive again lately. Q3 is one of the best FPS' ever made.

However, this game must play COMPLETELY differently on a gamepad. I will have mad respect for anyone with the gamepad skills to dominate in a console version of Q3.

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
Quake? On a Pad? No thanks......the Quake and UT games are twitch shooters, playing with a pad will never work :p

·
Registered
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch
Quake? On a Pad? No thanks......the Quake and UT games are twitch shooters, playing with a pad will never work :p
I totally agree with you there. I tried back in the dreamcast days..it wasnt the same as playin it on PC.

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
The saving grace is that everyone will be on a pad, but even then.....I can only imagine the changes that 'auto aim' will bring to a game like this.....

·
Registered
320 Posts
on the dreamcast using the pad was more than fine. the only issues were the pain of moving the thumb to the D pad to zoom and made things too slow for using the rail gun. now with more buttons and clickable sticks that issue won't even pop up.

running, aiming, etc. with the pad still provided a fun experience back in the day

·
Registered
16,820 Posts
Well... don't like it with the pad

Jason

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Played the demo last night, seemed to be the exact same game, I did like that the jump was the LT. When this hits ps3 it will have KB/mouse support.

Soon as I get a 1200 pt card I'll d/l the full version. My aiming skills arent as good but what the heck...

I also did not see an auto aim option..just FYI for the guy that was curious.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/19656341

Well... don't like it with the pad

Jason

C mon jason..your just afraid we will whoop that azz

·
Registered
775 Posts
I love that this is here... but, there is just a disgusting amount of host advantage, and using the 360 controller plain sucks.

·
Registered
16,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd /forum/post/19659165

C mon jason..your just afraid we will whoop that azz

Hehe, with the pad probably so... KBM... entirely different outcome

Although with age my arthritic hands are not the finely tuned instruments of destruction that they once were so maybe I am just getting too damn old for these damn games, bah they'll have to bury me with my sega six button

Jason

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found that adjusting my controller sensitivity helped a bit, but I'm no mad killer on any fps
age is catching up with me

I cant even play this on the pc anymore...I get railed to death in a matter of seconds

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.