AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it through Game Fly... on monday around noon... mailed it back on monday around three p.m.

It's fast paced but their online mode is ********. I thought it was odd that I could keep getting in on these games that already have 16 players in it but then I realized that more than half of the players were bots.

The highlight of this game was that it's 7.1 which makes any game better, but there wasn't that many maps and no real single player mode to speak of.

Verdict: You can skip Quake Wars.... oh and Haze too. lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Don't really bother with the demos too much since i have GF. If something looks good I order it, GF has a distribution place here in Tampa so I get the game first thing the next day after they send it out...

·
Registered
3,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tom /forum/post/14187812

I got it through Game Fly...

Verdict: You can skip Quake Wars.... oh and Haze too. lol

The hell I care...send Carmack a letter saying how much he sucks, and how Id hasn't made a decent game since the original Quake.

(eh, I had fun playing Rocket Arena for awhile though...)

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
id had nothing to do with Quake Wars outside of the engine and brand.

The game was developed for the PC by an English company who made the Return to Castle Wolfenstein mod "Enemy Territory", and was ported to PS3 by an internal Activision development studio (who was disbanded right after the game was completed).

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/14188833

The hell I care...send Carmack a letter saying how much he sucks, and how Id hasn't made a decent game since the original Quake.

(eh, I had fun playing Rocket Arena for awhile though...)

Nah, QuakeII had both a good online and offilne component.

After that it was all downhill, ID became an game engine company, not a game production company.

·
Registered
19,144 Posts
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the PC version of QW is actually pretty good but the PS3 version doesn't come close. You want a good FPS? Go buy UT3. It's pretty much exactly the same as the PC version, and it's great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts