AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
774 Posts
March to April appears to be the real date now.

· Registered
986 Posts
Art, you have a good source. I heard that a deal was being reached with JVC which included a fee being paid to JVC with every unit sold. I also understand that Sony is working hard to skirt the issue. It has apparently came down to pulling researchers journals to verify dates of discovery to substantiate white papers that where published prior to filing for patent. More than likely they where both on the verge of this technology element and one just nosed out the other.

Art, does your source have a cottage on the lake?

· Registered
23,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by George_Stenbeck
Art, does your source have a cottage on the lake?
It is amazing what you can hear just hanging out at CEDIA :)

--Darin

· Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone gone to Japan and purchased one of these? Can they be bought off the shelf? I've been poking around and have not found a way to buy one. Price Japan has not gotten back to me on the availability of of this unit. Everyone says it is available in Japan, but I cannot find evidence of anyone buying one. A trip to Tokyo is not out of the question. I need to figure out how to go about arrangeing to purchase one once there.

Thanks, Pete

· Registered
774 Posts
All the reps nationwide are telling dealers Spring 2004. Unfortunate, as it appears to be true. I am buying one (and yes, I will buy one at full price if I have to even with my contacts) so I hate the wait! I am sure the new Sharp 12000 they are sending me should tide me over!

· Registered
32,174 Posts
Well, if the original model ain't out till springtime, I'd not get too excited about the cheaper model shipping in 2004....

Mark

· Registered
774 Posts
There is no "cheaper" model being announced officially anytime soon. The announced on the Forum was a scam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.