AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the LED Qualia 005 still Sony's prime piece of tech? Or did the newer XBRs surpass it in PQ?

Also, what the heck is the $300 difference between the XBR2 and the XBR3? Is it just the trim color?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
pq is better on the qualia 005 mainly the colors, other than that the qualia 005 doesn't have much to offer. the qualia 005 doesn't accept 1080p and you can't turn off DRC. the new xbr2/3 are a better buy i would have to say. we could also see a new LED backlit tv shown off this spring.

differences between XBR3 and the xbr2

High Gloss Piano Black finish(not changeable)

Matching Black Pedestal (table top stand, not changeable)

Black Remote

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN /forum/post/0

pq is better on the qualia 005 mainly the colors, other than that the qualia 005 doesn't have much to offer. the qualia 005 doesn't accept 1080p and you can't turn off DRC. the new xbr2/3 are a better buy i would have to say. we could also see a new LED backlit tv shown off this spring.

differences between XBR3 and the xbr2

High Gloss Piano Black finish(not changeable)

Matching Black Pedestal (table top stand, not changeable)

Black Remote

Thanks for the reply! Seems kinda dumb that the Qualia has a full 1080p capable display but doesn't accept 1080p signals. Does it matter if it's going to deinterlace it anyway? or does the signal make a difference?

Also, what's DRC? Like an edge enhancement feature?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniz /forum/post/0

Clouds vs clouds vs clouds

How could the Qualia be cloudy? I thought I relied solely on LEDs?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmilla /forum/post/0

ive monitored your posts and you seem to post pretty always the same, whether its your "awesome" cable advises or your "bashing" against lcds.

Can you post something else? Better yet stop posting completly

Thank you for your not so wonderful advice....I've posted all of 8 times Karmilla

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would say for 40-52" set, HI def content and next gen video games the xbr3/2 has better PQ once the settings are configured.

Qualia 005/6 are much bigger and it produces great colors and pq as long as your sitting in the sweet spot. SD content is great on this set. If you stand up or are sitting to the left or the right of the set you start to loose PQ and the picture will fade some what. Both are great TV's but if you want to go real big then the qualia is the way to go.

For me if I go larger than 60" I rather just get a nice projector and murder it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Qualia 005 is only 46". The same as the KDL46XBR3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.