AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to post this new thread to the Sonny XBR2 area but can not seem to do so. Perhaps the moderator moves it to the appropriate area?

I am about to purchase new set. My friend has a Qualia 006, he paid 10 grand for it, and it is fantastic. I was hoping the SXBR series in the 50 to 60 inch range would equal or exceed the statement Qualia, but I do not think it does. Of course it is so hard to critic in BBuy. We have Ultimate stores in our area and they still have one demo 006, for $6000. Would anyone buy the 006, that has been running 7 days a week, or just spring for an SXRD BR2? Any, I am not pleased with the 006 when watching Std Def Dish network programing. Would a moderately priced scaler or dvd player improve on the internal Sony scaler?

thanks...I am new to this forum. I suspect all my questions have been answered before...but how does one find them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When it works, it work very well. If the seller has not experienced the problem below, picture quality is first rate.

I am hoping someone can help.

Gear: Sony Qualia 006 70", Revel Performa F32 + others Speaker System, Sunfire TGP-5 and matching 7200 Amplifier, Toshiba A-1 HD-DVD, and Playstation 3.

Problem:

Every 3 months the bulb on my television burns out. Recently, the 5th time in a little over 1 year. To answer the Qualia customer service reps question, No, I work, so I do not watch television all the time . Sony has replaced the bulb each time and even picked up the television and replace the fan, the ballast, etc. It did not work.

Questions:

Has anyone else who has own this TV experienced the same problem? Solution?

Obviously I am running out of patience with this television. If there is no apparent solution, I believe Sony should either provide me with a comparable television free of charge and refund the difference in price (PS they don't manufacture the Qualia 006 anymore). Or just give me a refund?

Has anyone had to do that before? Was there a particular contact?

I appreciate the help,

Jeff Z.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.