Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.revolutionhometheater.com...sonyqualia006/

It's not the front projector...but I still found it a well-executed review and a great read because much of what is being discussed would be true for a FP incarnation as well.

Even if you have no interested in a "rear projection TV" you owe it to yourself to check out this review...it has everything to do with 1080P SXRD and it shouldn't be long before a similarly priced non-quality FP version is available.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Two things:

1) Sony is using a UHP bulb, and the set produces excellent color, so the virtues of the $$$ zenon bulb could be called into question.

2) The reviewer describes a problem with mis-convergence. I see this as well on my 004, and Josh is in touch with Sony.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Mike,

It does seem to be the case that manufacturers can engineer excellent colour from UHP lamps. However, there is something unique and beautiful about the zenon 'golden glow' that, if filtered correctly can take the image closer to film in terms of colour. For the Qualia the price of admission is rather high but I'm betting that you would miss it dreadfully if it was replaced with the UHP equivalent.

Regards,

Paul H

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Wasn´t there also a nice review on avguide.com... if I remember correctly the reviewer was very disapointed with the posturizing on the set?

"But the false-contouring is an issue for me. Although entire movies could be watched with-out seeing it, on some program material it was very distracting. "

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser
"But the false-contouring is an issue for me. Although entire movies could be watched with-out seeing it, on some program material it was very distracting. "
I have not seen one frame of false-contouring.

Period.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Have you looked at the scenes he mentions in the review? If you don´t see anything at all up close then maybe he got a faulty set(he describes it kinda like macro blocking)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.