Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been lurking in these forums for a bit, dreaming about buying a HT system but at the moment I'm looking for something for DJing. I'm looking for an active powered 2.1 setup that has hi-fi output (for my own listening pleasure), but I also want it to be loud enough that I can DJ a party (not a giant club sized venue, but more like a bar or small club). Something in the $500-$1000 (US) range would be fine I think, or lower. Just looking for some suggestions so I can go around and demo things. Any help from you speaker gurus would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
201 Posts
You're best bet would be a set of EV, Mackie, or JBL amplified speakers for pro sound use. All three use relatively small, lightweight enclosures and have powerful amplifiers. They are small enough for use in the home but can easily be used for a portable DJ system. Check out the offerings at www.pssl.com. My choice would probably be the Mackie SRM-450. It is a two way design with a 12" woofer and 1" compression driver. Each driver has its own amplifier 300 watt RMS for the lows and 100 watt RMS for the highs. All this in a 50 lb polypropelyne, stand mountable enclosure. Check out this link for more info http://www.mackie.com/products/srm450/index.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.