AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Got a quick question. I have an OPPO 83 which I use for my CD listening and love it but there are times when I would love to not have to get up after only 1 disc to change discs, in other words it would be nice to have a 5 or 6 disc CD player.

My question is this. Is there a quality multi disc CD player out there anywhere. I consider myself, not necessarily an audiophile but I am a pretty serious listener with above average equipment so if there is a good quality multi disc player out there please tell me what it is, model number and manufacturer because I haven't heard one yet. Thanks guys, hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B /forum/post/20902586

Have a look at the Marantz CC4003. Have had good luck with them.

B.

Thanks Brian B for that reply and info. I'll definitely take a look. Thank you.

Any other suggestions out there????????

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
A better idea, for now, might be to burn music to a USB hard disk since the 83 has two USB 2.0 ports. You could then create playlists and Voila!, instant changer.... Unfortunately the 83 doesn't support flac so you would be limited to 192 kbs quality of mp3 or wma. I'm not sure how important that is to you.

Another option for a changer would be to find a Denon DCM-280/380 (stay away from 290 or 390) used. Or, you could go with a media player that supports lossless audio codecs. My 380 is still working like a champ and I think the sound quality is quite good.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan /forum/post/20909108

A better idea, for now, might be to burn music to a USB hard disk since the 83 has two USB 2.0 ports. You could then create playlists and Voila!, instant changer.... Unfortunately the 83 doesn't support flac so you would be limited to 192 kbs quality of mp3 or wma. I'm not sure how important that is to you.

Another option for a changer would be to find a Denon DCM-280/380 (stay away from 290 or 390) used. Or, you could go with a media player that supports lossless audio codecs. My 380 is still working like a champ and I think the sound quality is quite good.

Thank you postrokfan, I will research the 280/380, dont' think I would be happy with 192KBS, maybe, but doubtful. May try that just to see though. Thanks for the suggestions and for your time. Hope you're having a nice Labor Day.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Yes, it couldn't hurt to try the USB in the interim until you get a new player. I have the Oppo 93 and it supports many more media formats including flac. Too bad they eliminated the dedicated stereo outputs like they had on the 83.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan /forum/post/20910694

Yes, it couldn't hurt to try the USB in the interim until you get a new player. I have the Oppo 93 and it supports many more media formats including flac. Too bad they eliminated the dedicated stereo outputs like they had on the 83.

Yeah, that would eliminate the 93 for me even though I am about 60/40 BR over CD.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
I should add the 93 sounds very good using the analog FR and FL connections.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan /forum/post/20915286

I should add the 93 sounds very good using the analog FR and FL connections.

That's good to hear. I'm getting the 93 by years end and really have no high end analog needs ... so the 95, while a true bargain at the price, really seems like overkill for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.