AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I gave a listen to some floor speakers at BB yesterday. We are going with floors for our main speakers and no sub due to our new living arrangements (apartment).

We thought to go with Front floors / bose bookshelf rears / center. We can always add the sub at a later time. The speakers we heard were the Klipsch F2 and F3 model and they are really nice speakers. Very crisp and solid sounding. Next we had the salesperson turn the JBL's on. Not sure of the model because they were not on long. No comparison to the Klipsch. Most likely we are going with the F3's and C3 center. We could pick them up of an auction site like ebay for around $450 shipped for everything. Are these the "best bang for the buck"?

We are purchasing a Yamaha HTR 5806 receiver to push them

·
Registered
650 Posts
Those Synergys are great bang for the buck of you like the Klipsch sound. I do, but some don't :rolleyes: . I think they're a great choice. They're very efficient, so you won't need a whole lot of power. Many people say Yamaha receivers sound too bright with Klipsch speakers, I don't have direct experience with them, but try lto isten to the combo before you're committed to it. You might, however, want to re-think the use of bose as surround speakers. If you have them already, I can understand using them until you can upgrade, but consider some of the matching Klipsch WDST surrounds if you like a diffuse (spread-out) soundfield, or some bookshelves if you prefer direct-radiators.

BTW, don't rule out a sub. I have an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 sub with downstairs neighbors, a combination most would think is a recipe for disaster! Just this past weekend they mentioned how quiet we are :p . I have the sub on a Auralex Subdude and am reasonable with the volume (typically 15dB below reference for movies, usually less than 80/85 dB average when listening to music), but I still crank it up on occasion. I would recommend a good sub, in which case the F2's should be sufficient.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to look into those. I did get over to CC last night and gave a listen to a HK235 pushing both Polk 50s & 70s, as well as, Infinity's and unfortunately the Infinity's are out of the budget for now. The only way to describe them is crisp and full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.