AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am back to the drawing board. I planned to trick out my Onkyo 605 with Polk rti8's in the front. To do so I would have to place the speakers on an elevated counter top that the 50" samsung plasma sits above. I have almost 8 inches of space on each side of the tv. THe speakers are 7.8" wide. I cant put them on the floor because of multiple little kids. I now think this is undoable do to the space constraints.

So now looking at mounting my front main speakers and going with a smaller format. I would welcome any suggestions on smaller front main speakers that are still of medium to high quality. It would also be a plus if they came with their own adjustable mounts. I have been looking at Polks and picked up a pair of r150's for 59.99 from frys,but I dont think I should rely on these for the front mains.

Sincerely,

Richard

·
Registered
875 Posts
Richard, If you are looking at Polk RTi's you should easily be able to wall mount RTi4 or even RTi6. They have built-in (albeit not adjustable) sturdy wall mount. Do you have the same 8" space constraint if you mount the speakers, too?

- Val

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have the same width constraints although I am working in a basement with alot of cutouts that give edges of about 7-10 inches. There is a fridge to the side that will be covered with a curtain.

THanks,

Richard

·
Registered
875 Posts
ghmmm... It certainly looks interesting, if anything. RTi4 weigh only about 12-14 lb. each, but 6's are a bit heavier. You may want to hurry up, stocks of 'cheap' RTi's are running very low (there's always used, of course)

Regards, Val

1 - 4 of 4 Posts