Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a quality LCD TV/Monitor with Picture in Picture?

I'm looking for one to use in my office/guest room. It will primarily be used as a PC monitor, but I wouldn't mind watching TV in a pic in pic while I work... and I'd like it to have a tv tuner so guests don't have to mess with a PC...

So I'm thinking 23/24" with high resolution (I don't like large fonts).

Does anyone have one that they use that they can recommend?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought the Samsung 23" LN-R238W, but I haven't gotten it yet. It looks amazing, though. Also look at the Sony 23" KLV-S23A10.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Samsung is great. I used the 23" as a computer monitor and TV for a couple of weeks before exchanging for a Polaroid 26" model. After playing with the Polaroid today I am even happier than I was with PIP. It has a TVPC function that let's you size PIP in PC or DVI mode and move the box where you want it. I'm typing this right now on the Polaroid while watching the Red Sox/Ranger game in the lower right hand corner. To me the Samsung has a great build quality and terrific picture. As a computer monitor it is hard to beat. Sam's Club has the 26" Sammy LCD $500 less than BB.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
The Samsung is great, but be warned that picture-in-picture is not supported with viewing both the VGA and HDMI inputs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080z
The Samsung is great. I used the 23" as a computer monitor and TV for a couple of weeks before exchanging for a Polaroid 26" model. After playing with the Polaroid today I am even happier than I was with PIP. It has a TVPC function that let's you size PIP in PC or DVI mode and move the box where you want it. I'm typing this right now on the Polaroid while watching the Red Sox/Ranger game in the lower right hand corner. To me the Samsung has a great build quality and terrific picture. As a computer monitor it is hard to beat. Sam's Club has the 26" Sammy LCD $500 less than BB.
What model is tha polaroid and where do you recommend getting it? Also, how "big" are the fonts if you are used to working with a 1024*768 15" laptop?

How far "back" do you have to sit?

I had a 20" mac screen, and was used to up to 1600*1200 resolution...

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.