AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for quality in ceiling speakers that i can buy online.

Any ideas on what brands to buy for in ceiling and which websites to check out?

Looking to buy 3 pairs to provide background music, but they also have to be able to provide nice bass response in my big room.

please advise

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hmm, lots of choices. I know there are several threads discussing different brands of in-ceiling speakers. However, to help.. I know that Triad are well regarded here on the forums (by some anyways), and I also have personal experience with Aperion in-walls, and I think they are a good value if they are around your price point.

Bass response from in ceilings? Hmm, that's going to be tricky, and probably expensive.. Most probably feel that you'll need an enclosed speaker to do so, how much room do you have to mount these? Instead, would it be possible to add a sub somewhere in the room?

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i heard of aperion and triad.

i do see a lot of offerings from JBL and EV.

how do the JBL's and EV's stack up to Aperion and Triad?

any idea how much in ceiling Traids range from?

·
Registered
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooomz /forum/post/15466956

how do the JBL's and EV's stack up to Aperion and Triad?

I couldn't say, I've only heard the Aperion in walls. Obviously (if you've read these forums much), everyone will pretty much recommend that you go audition them for yourself. I know.., it's difficult and time consuming especially if your looking at ID brands. Keep in mind many of them offer 30 day return policy, and Aperion will even pick up the shipping both ways if you don't like them. Some other ID companies offer similar.

For me, I did some research and just took a stab. A few hundred dollars spent isn't worth the hours and hours I'd have to spend auditioning to make sure I got the "perfect" speaker for me. I chose the Aperions and I like them well enough for their purpose, so I'll keep them. If you don't think you can spend the time to audition, do some searches here for inceling speakers and read up, then just go for it.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
RBH makes good in-walls (in-ceilings). However, they are not really Internet direct. Their sister company, EMP, only does on-walls. BG Corp has nice stuff, too. They're also not cheap. However, if you're willing to consider Triads, you can look at the slightly cheaper stuff, too.

In addition to the above two, please add:

The Speaker Company (TSC)

Speakercraft (if you're considering Triads)

The Harman companies don't sell directly over the web except through E-bay. There are good deals to be found on Infinity in-ceilings via the Harman E-bay store. I have a pair (ERS 310), but I haven't yet installed them. Therefore, I can't comment on their sonic characteristics.

Of course, if everything mentioned in this thread is too expensive, then consider Monoprice and Diesel Audio (sold at Fry's) for the super cheap stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts