AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know that good reception (or lack thereof) is a major problem with OTA HDTV. And the age of outdoor TV antennas is gone, at least for most of us who live in Silicon Valley. I have an apt. which faces South, because both DirecTV and Dish come from southern alignments. However, in Fremont, the DTV stations come from Sutro Tower, in S.F. which is North. I've tried several indoor antennas, but nothing worked well (I could only receive CBS, ABC and Public Broadcasting). I went to Fry's in Fremont, and purchased a Jensen (Recoton) TV-930, with dual VHF - UHF low-noise amps with 45 db minimum gain. Worked like a charm. Picks up WB, UPN, NBC and the rest. (Powered indoor antenna cost a whopping $49). I've read that one of the chipset companies (Mitsubishi?) developed a new receiver chip which eliminates short-distance ghosts, which will advance the technology and make HDTV work well even in densely populated areas with indoor antennas. Anyway, I wanted to share this since I've been a little disappointed with HDTV technology due to the lack of adequate reception since buying my HiPix. Now I'm happy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.