AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a theater build, and need to make inwalls. When last I looked many moons ago, I would have bought Avatar/Adire/Exodus kits. Is there anything out there with comparable quality that would come with assembled crossovers. I prefer sawdust to solder fumes. TIA.

Tim

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I did see that. I emailed them to see if they are available in odd numbers - would like at least the front stage to be identical. I'm not sure if a small 2-way will play loudly enough. The room is 21 x 40, though the theater portion is occupying one end, probably 21 x 24 and with 10' ceilings. with the pool table at the other end (but open). I'm not expecting to use them full-range, but still ...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fatawan,

Thanks! I forgot about Danny at GR ... I've heard some of their speakers, but didn't know he sold kits. I would have to redesign as sealed or front-ported though. The A/V3 may be the ticket.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB /forum/post/16962651

Starting a theater build, and need to make inwalls. When last I looked many moons ago, I would have bought Avatar/Adire/Exodus kits. Is there anything out there with comparable quality that would come with assembled crossovers. I prefer sawdust to solder fumes. TIA.

Tim

I'm not sure what your timeframe is but I should have an inwall version of the Dynamic Series pretty soon- probably around mid September. Included is an assembled crossover and I can do the wiring with quick connects as well.

www.clearwaveloudspeaker.com

·
Registered
786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimB /forum/post/16962651

Tim

I'm in Garner and can help you. Feel free to PM here or shoot me an email.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2100 /forum/post/16968988

hmm...now 3 pi has a TD12S option.

Very cool, I have some TD12S still but Im surprised Wayne used the TD12S vs the TD12M, the TD12M has better measurements passed 700Hz but not it doesnt have the low end.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/16972398

haha. i told you to hang on to them. ;-)

I added to my post

I only have the ones that are in use in my 3-ways but I might be replacing them if the waveguide designs work out.

Im happy I sold the other 3 still.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.