AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large Mitsubishi RPTV and have been looking forward to taking advantage of the great picture it can produce. I just got Cablevision Digital IO and I am very disappointed at the quality?

1)Is the quality of HDTV picture compromised by the Cable/SAT companies (ie. compression, etc.)?

2)How does it compare to Over-the-Air HDTV broadcasts?

3) Is there any use in buying the $995 digital tuner option for the mitsubishi TV?

Thanks for all you help.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I do not know exactly what Cablevision Digital IO is but I suspect it is digital cable. Digital cable IS NOT HDTV. It is not even close. It is a little better than analog but it is not even close to HDTV.

1) HDTV pictures are ususlly not reduced in quality by satellite or cable providers. However not all cable providers have HDTV. Those that do are TWC and Comcast.

2) OTA HDTV is the best. Much better than what you have if you only have standard digital cable (Be careful, many cable companies that do not have HDTV will try to tell you that digital cable is the same as HDTV. This is far from the truth.)

3) I do not have a Mitsubishi TV so I can not vouch for this module. There are many threads on this forum about this module however. I believe it contains a OTA tumer and 1394 interface. However any digital OTA tuner should work for you and they start at $399.

Good Luck.

Rick R

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

That probably makes sense.

Cablevision is the cable company. Digital IO is their digital cable service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.