AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ive been having some pretty bad luck with some day/night dome security cameras. Ive gone though 3 of them with various issues of video cutting out/flickering only in night mode/day mode not displaying a picture. And these cameras were all less than a year old. I bought 2 of them from a company called VideoSecu and the other has no brand name.

Maybe im buying cheap knock offs? They cost me between $40-$70 for 420TVL-600TVL.

Is there a better company with low defect rates? And has a really good warrenty on their products (more than 1 year?)

thanks,

Austin

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Well just for reference the security cameras I install (ptz, outdoor, heated, very low light) run around $2000 - not that you need cameras like these.

I think it's likely a case of "you get what you pay for".

·
Registered
3 Posts
The camera market is pretty saturated now with cheap products. I've read reviews of $100+ systems with bad video quality. Personally I would suggest upping your budget to the $200+ systems if you want decent camera quality.

Try looking on amazon, there's usually some good prices there. Recently I read some reviews on Logitec cameras that goes for around $200. But they have more box cameras available, not many dome ones.

Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.