AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read numerous posts about the quality of some standard definition tv channels on a HDTV via D* being poor. It sounds like this is related to how the video is compressed.

I'm currently getting my local channels through my cable provider. I'm only using the analog service. HDTV through cable is not available. I'm trying to convince my wife that we should go solely with D* and their HD package and not have our analog cable anymore. Greenbay (local) is now available for us via D*.

For people that are using D* HD and are viewing thier local channels that way: Have you seen poor quality in the standard definition on the major networks? I would hate to make this move and have my wife complain that the video looks worse than our analog cable.

Thanks,

Flip

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a widescreen 51" Sony RPTV - I think the digital channels coming over the antenna appear a little better then local channels over DirecTV. I think DirecTV does more data compression.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nickypicky,

So you pay for Direct TV HD and digital cable?

How do other people that have Direct TV HD and no OTA attached watch their standard definintion tv? Do most of you use Direct TV HD in addition to cable?

Thanks,

Flip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.