AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dedicated home theater room and I am looking for suggestions for speakers and a subwoofer to go with a denon avr-3805 receiver. I would like to keep the cost below 1k for the speakers and subwoofer. The room is 22' x 11' with a 8' height. I would primarily be watching movies. Any suggestions or will I need to fork out additional funds????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well. of the hundreds of possibilites available, I'd like to be first to nominate the Axiom M3 as a good set to consider.

I would go with a full set of five identical M3s for about $750 delivered(with a 30 day free in-home trial period) and for that you get what I find to be a very friendly batch of speakers. A sub is eventually required, but they can do well without a sub for a bit, if required.

Axiom has additional bookshelf speakers for a bit less and a bit more.....but the M3s are my personal favorite.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The most popular answer to that (popular) question is....

SVS 5.1 Speakers !!! (with the PB-10ISD subwoofer)

(that's the one I have preordered and am waiting on!)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would have to agree that the SVS's are the set of choice. I own them and love them. they are much better than their price indicates and you will be quite happy with both the speakers, and the sub. I don't see how you could do much better for $1,000 for the complete 7.1 set, less if you want to go with 5.1. PM me if you would like more info and also check out the thread I started a few weeks back with my review. Have fun in your search. Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.