AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

i just rented this from redbox. it was much better than the first one. but not as ggod as rec 2. it's worth the $1 rental.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I just watched rec 2 last week, one of the worst films I've seen...ever. Bad acting, bad script, bad everything. And you're saying Quaranteen 2 is almost as good as rec 2? good joke

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
A friend of mine at work saw it and gave it pretty low marks. He preferred REC 2 much more. I have not seen Quarantine 2 but thought the first one fell very short of REC. I very much enjoyed REC 2 and would recommend that if you haven't seen the REC or Quarantine movies see REC first.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I still have REC 2 sitting unwatched on my DVR from back when HD Net ran it "before it hits theaters" last year.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
"Quarantine 2: Terminal" and "Rec 2" have different plot lines. But I was pleasantly surprised at "Quarantine 2" and thought it was very good. And I was expecting something a cut above a Syfy movie of the week. It had a good edge to it something that many directors fail these days at providing. They also did a good job of characterizing trauma which is another miss by so many other films.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zoey,

heck no, i'm saying Q2 is much better than Q1. They can touch the rec's!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I really like quarantine A LOT actually..Didnt know they made a 2nd one? The 1st one did good in theaters I wonder why the 2nd didnt make it?

AND I have no idea what other movie you guys are comparing it to? Rec?? or whatever..what is it??

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
REC (or [REC*] as it's sometimes stylized) is a Spanish horror movie. REC = record, as in the indicator on a camcorder. Quarantine is an almost shot for shot American remake, with Los Angeles substituted for Barcelona.

REC 2 continues the story of the original, starting around the same time the first film ended, and carries over one actor.

Quarantine 2, aside from the zombie/virus conceit, is almost a standalone film. It isn't like REC 2 at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts