AVS Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
It appears to me that the vapor barrier was the paper on the insulation if it were me I would lay a piece of plastic in there and tape it to the paper face, try and seal it up as best you can. As it is you have cut a large hole in the vapor barrier and I would not want to leave it that way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
It appears to me that the vapor barrier was the paper on the insulation if it were me I would lay a piece of plastic in there and tape it to the paper face, try and seal it up as best you can. As it is you have cut a large hole in the vapor barrier and I would not want to leave it that way.
Thanks for the thoughts. I've got a plan to fix this (I think.)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Need some Atmos speaker advice. I was planning on going with DIYSG Volt-8s for my atmos speakers knowing that I have a low ceiling (7'1.5"). I finally cut the holes in the drywall and my locations aren't as ideal as I had hoped to due pipes and stuff in the ceiling. I'm now questioning if I should be going for an angled atmos speaker like the RSL. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Need some Atmos speaker advice. I was planning on going with DIYSG Volt-8s for my atmos speakers knowing that I have a low ceiling (7'1.5"). I finally cut the holes in the drywall and my locations aren't as ideal as I had hoped to due pipes and stuff in the ceiling. I'm now questioning if I should be going for an angled atmos speaker like the RSL. Thoughts?
I have been happy with my RSL C34E's and they are very low profile.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I'm going to start posting photos of areas of the Quarterdeck Club as I get them finished. Here's a little preview of the back bar with some bottles. This is nearly finished. Just need paint and trim.

This is how I installed the custom cabling to enable the Philips Hue controller to control all three shelves.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

The bar portion of our build is nearly complete. I never thought I'd be one of those crazy people with a tv and projector in the same room, but here I am. While you can't see it in this photo, the port hole looks through a water tank with different kids of bubbles to a tv. I play underwater scenes that look very real. My 5 year old thought there were real sharks in our basement.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts