AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Picture quality seemed to be inconsistent as well. There were decent inside shots then especially off color and out of focus shots. All in all, not a very "slick" production but I think that may turn out to be part of it's charm. We'll see......

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I had a hard time keeping track of who was who. I'm not sure that was a picture quality issue, though... Lots of generally non-descript looking thin women...

Sex and the City meets Queer as Folk?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo

Sex and the City meets Queer as Folk?
Very nicely put.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rogo, I have to agree on the "thin" part. Sheesh, do those women EAT?? That is one thing that reminds me of "Queer As Folk". All the guys on that show work out and are in GREAT shape, (or are just THIN). The L word seems to be on the same plane. Can't they show any medium weight or over weight gays on tv? Is this a bigger taboo than nudity?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Judy Y
Rogo, I have to agree on the "thin" part. Sheesh, do those women EAT?? That is one thing that reminds me of "Queer As Folk". All the guys on that show work out and are in GREAT shape, (or are just THIN). The L word seems to be on the same plane. Can't they show any medium weight or over weight gays on tv? Is this a bigger taboo than nudity?
If I want to watch fat guys on Tv, I'll watch the Fox NFL pregame show. If I want to see nice looking naked women, I guess I'll try the L Word.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Judy Y
Can't they show any medium weight or over weight gays on tv? Is this a bigger taboo than nudity?
YES!! LOL!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
On a semi-serious note, we've come far enough that there can be a whole show about lesbians. And yet we're still so prudish, that the title of show is "The L Word".

Anyhoo....

Mark

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
On a semi-serious note, we've come far enough that there can be a whole show about lesbians. And yet we're still so prudish, that the title of show is "The L Word".

Anyhoo....

Mark
From what I've read about the show, that's because the "L" doesn't necessarily just stand for lesbian. It was discussed in some review that pretty much panned the show. I think it was in Time if I'm not mistaken. I haven't checked it out yet, although my experience with SHO original productions has been that most of them have sucked, so we'll see if this one is any different in the long run.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
It was discussed in some review that pretty much panned the show. I think it was in Time if I'm not mistaken.
There's a shocker ... an AOL/TimeWarner/HBO employee panning a Viacom/Showtime/CBS show ... hooodathunkit ;) :D

HDC

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"From what I've read about the show, that's because the "L" doesn't necessarily just stand for lesbian."

What the "L" does it stand for then?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
"From what I've read about the show, that's because the "L" doesn't necessarily just stand for lesbian."

What the "L" does it stand for then?
Pam Grier: "Living the Life you Love. Loving your Life you Live"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.