AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Queer As Folk: The Complete First Season" will be released as a six-disc set on January 8, 2002, with a retail price of $119.95. And before anyone complains that $120 is more than twice the cost of similar boxed sets like Sex and the City, please remember that
  • QAF is 22 one-hour episodes, vs. 13 half-hour eps for SATC
  • The QAF box set includes three hours of deleted scenes, commentary, etc., whereas SATC offers, well, nothing extra
  • Like any good gay club, Showtime had to price the set at $120 to keep the riff-raff out (OK, I'm just kidding on this one ;))

I got this information from the DVD File website.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tlavideo.com has it on preorder for $89.95. I wonder what screen aspect ratio will be; QAF on Showtime has varied.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Yeah, if this set is widescreen anamorphic, it will be my (late) Xmas gift to myself. ;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I loved watching the whole series but, funny, I haven't been watching the session in repeat. I wasn't going to buy the DVDs but knowing that there will be some extras, like the deleted scenes, and also knowing it will be in widescreen and Dolby Digital sound, I think I will go for it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
DeepDiscountDVD is taking order for $72 including shipping. I use dvdpricesearch.com to find the cheapest price for DVDs.

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,180 Posts
If someone finds a definitive answer on the aspect ratio these DVDs will be in plus if the disc will be anamorphic or not, please post.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Queer As Folk: The Complete First Season will be anamorphic widescreen on the DVD edition, according to DVDFile.com. I could not find the original page on their website, but here is the cached page from Google:
Quote:
Just announced from Showtime are the full specs for that Queer As Folk 6-disc special edition, due on 1/15. Running over 900 minutes, all the first season episodes are included in anamorphic widescreen and Dolby 2.0 surround, along with a host of extras - special editions of episodes 1, 11 and 18 with actor and producer commentary, gag reel, extended scenes with introduction by Hal Sparks, "Meet The Folk" biographies and filmographies, photo gallery, "At A Glance" indexes, show bumpers (i.e., TV spots), a sneak peek at season two, and DVD-ROM extras including exclusive content and weblinks. Retail is $119.95 and click here for a look at the packaging.
Hooray, Showtime! Thanks for not ripping us off like the Brits did with Volume 2 of the U.K. Queer As Folk (which was not anamorphic).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.