AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the forum, and found one of the Replay dudes responding to a user complaint about the silver color of the unit. His response was to use 200-grit sandpaper and spray paint.

Has anyone actually done this ? If so, would you be willing to post some pictures here ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
:D

Years ago, when I bought a new house, I decided that my Office was going to be really funky...

I managed to locate some grey textured spray on "stuff" that turned out looking and feeling like granite. I carefully disassembled and masked all of my computer equipment (including the keyboard and mouse) and proceeded to make them look like rocks.

It turned out really cool... I wish I'd kept pictures. Thinking about it almost gives me the motivation to do something like that with my entertainment equipment someday... Maybe when I get another place with a dedicated media room I'll do something like that.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Funny, mine's black... What ones are silver? The SSs?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The 4000's are silver in the pictures I've seen.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Your question was has anyone done this? Since the 4Ks haven't even shipped yet how is anyone supposed to divine that you were referring to them?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Very dark sunglasses?:p :p :p :p :p :cool:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I once attended a bachelor party where the guest of honor had his unit forcibly painted black with india ink. Just prior to the honeymoon. His wife was a virgin (may still be).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.