AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i seem to be having an issue with my new htpc setup. its a msi nf750-g55 motherboard using two AVerMedia MTVHDDUWB AVerTV HD Duet - OEM(for 4 total tuners) and window7 home premium.

what i am running into, is that one of my ota channels will not display in live tv mode in MC. it shows a blank or blue background screen with the message "service is unavailable there is curently no tv signal deteced for this channel. the channel may be temporarily off the air. try agian later."

now comes the interesting part. if i start recording this channel. it displays just fine, if i stop the recording it goes back to giving me the error message. i have recorded several programs from this channel and according to the info about the recorded program it has used all 4 tuners at one time or another to record from this channel.

so the question i have, is this normal behavior for windows 7? if not anyone know a way to fix it? or should i be looking at a possible hardware/software issue causing this concern?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just in case WMC uses a different signal threshold for live TV than for recording a program, disconnect your splitter and feed the signal into a single Duet and see if the problem persists. If it goes away, it was just a marginal signal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
already tried that. direct feed from the antenae has the same afffect, and i dont know how much it means but the signal strength indicators in MC show full strenth in either wiring configuration. its simple enough to bypass by simply recording the show i want to watch, it just irks me that it doesnt work the way i would like it to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.