AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have 2 SVS pb12 ultra 2's that are co located. I am thinking about adding a third sub closer to my seating position to give me a little more oomph. I was looking at the Outlaw LFM 1 ex, or maybe the Cadence 15. I'm open to other sub suggestions as well. I need to keep the price under $650. Anyway, would this give me more bass or would my 2 SVS subs drown the third one out? Would this work or be just a waste of money? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan004 /forum/post/12996318

Anyone have any suggestions???????????

YOu should try and use the same Sub as what you are already using. Don't mix Subs as it can introduce problems in your room.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan004 /forum/post/12994479

Hello, I have 2 SVS pb12 ultra 2's that are co located. I am thinking about adding a third sub closer to my seating position to give me a little more oomph. I was looking at the Outlaw LFM 1 ex, or maybe the Cadence 15. I'm open to other sub suggestions as well. I need to keep the price under $650. Anyway, would this give me more bass or would my 2 SVS subs drown the third one out? Would this work or be just a waste of money? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

The HSU MBM-12 is designed to be placed near your seating position. It is specifically designed to work with deep bass subwoofers. Ideally you would set your P12 Ultra 2's to work up to 50 Hz, then the MBM-12 would cover the range from 50-80Hz. Placed nearfield (close to your seating position), the MBM-12 is said to achieve over 120 dbs.

For the best results a time delay device is recommended. They start at $100. Dr. Hsu can advise you about time delay devices and whether the MBM-12 is a really good option for you. You can submit your floorplan to HSU.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
There are a couple of PCU (tube type ultra's) for sale in the for sale section.

Same driver as your ultras. 2 ultra/2's and 2 pcu's would be earth shattering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts