AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. Most of my questions regarding dedicated home theater space I've had answered by extensive searches and reading on the forum. One of the things that I haven't seen discussed is related to large bass traps. I have a room that has double wall construction and a double wall on one side that is about 24" from inner wall to outer wall (double stud construction). My question involves this space. I'm currently trying to incorporate bass traps into the room without them being obvious. I'm using fabric frames on the inner walls and will have a riser trap and rear corners floor to ceiling traps. I cannot place front corner traps and want to keep a clean (uncluttered) look to the room so no freestanding traps. I'm contemplating having a large opening in the front (left) corner side wall into this treated space by building another short wall to effectively create a space (rectangular cube) approximately 4 feet wide, 2 feet deep, and 4 feet tall....essentially a monster bass trap in the front corner of the room filled with pink fluffy.

My question is since I won't be able to design a matching trap on the other front corner of the room, by having a large trap on one side, would I do anything to the bass response, decay, or uniformity of decay in the room? I hope this was clear and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My question is since I won't be able to design a matching trap on the other front corner of the room, by having a large trap on one side, would I do anything to the bass response, decay, or uniformity of decay in the room? I hope this was clear and thanks in advance.
Generally speaking you want to try to keep things as even as possible left and right, in the front of the room. You might want to do a quick drawing to show what you are planning. Sorry Monday morning and only on my first cup of coffee. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts