AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Behr has a paint called silver screen... and with all the hoopla about misty evening and stuff I was wondering if anyone has dabbled with this paint? If so what were the results?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I looked at the swatch (actually have it at home). personally, the silver paints are more interesting to me. I think Misty evening does a fine job as far as "off the shelf" grays go. If I recall correctly, the "silver screen" just looked a little too dark to me.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
You could always have them lighten up the Silver Screen...Take a look at a color called White On White. I think it is by glidden...off white might be tempting to try.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I agree with eameres on "Silver Screen;" although that name sure was tempting it did look a bit too dark to me, too. "Sterling," another Behr paint, and is the shade I used, worked well for my BenQ 8700. I'd guess it's no more than 10-12% gray.

BTW, I learned that flat, not semi-gloss, not eggshell, is probably the best way to go - at least as far as my roller technique is concerned. I subsequently learned that roller marks are more problematic the higher the gloss. Sanding down to remove the gloss and roller marks and variable texture worked well.

I'm impressed with the improved shadow detail; colors look good and brights are not dingy. I'll live with my painted wall for a while and may even stick with it.

Still, restlessness will likely prevail some day. I do feel the urge to see what a high power would be like and might order the fabric some day to tack on the back of my frame to check it out.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.