AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this...I have the Onkyo s790 system and whenever I am watching something that has surround sound (5.1), my avr only shows it as 2.1, even though all the channels are putting out the sound they are supposed to be (surrounds have ambience, center has voices, etc). This is the case for both sports events and movies. Like I said, all channels seem to be doing what they are supposed to be, so it really doesnt worry me, I'm just wondering why the avr is reporting it as 2.1, when clearly it is doing the 5.1 job.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Where does it say 2.1? Are you sure it isn't 3/2.1? That means it's doing 5.1, but it's indicating three fronts, two surrounds, and the sub. It's kind of confusing sometimes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa /forum/post/0

Where does it say 2.1? Are you sure it isn't 3/2.1? That means it's doing 5.1, but it's indicating three fronts, two surrounds, and the sub. It's kind of confusing sometimes.

Yep, thats what it says "DD 3/2.1". Thanks for clarifying this for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.