AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.

I recently had DishNetwork installed and got the HD Duo Receiver (VIP222k).

The plan was to put the HD receiver upstairs and 'tie' in the downstairs TV to it. However, my plasma display downstairs does not have a coaxial input as it is a monitor rather than a true 'television'. So, the installer was unable to simply run the coax cable from the wall to the display.

We ended up having to put the receiver downstairs and tie in the HDTV upstairs...unfortunately, I cannot get an HDTV signal to my TV upstairs.

So my question: Would I be able to get around the "no coax" input issue with the use of an RF modulator? Or, would I need to buy a external tuner for my monitor?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. My intention is to only have HD on the upstairs TV. The SD monitor would be linked to the HD box upstairs (but only display sd content). But since the monitor doesn't have a coax input, I can't simply connect the cable from the wall. I need something that will convert the coaxial signal to either composite, s-video or component video.

I don't think an RF modulator will do as it does the opposite: convert composite (RCA) to coaxial. I need to go from coax to RCA.

Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.