AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a DLP Projection tv from a sears outlet store. Good price 600 for a 62' Mitsubishi HD62527

But I've noticed something and its hard to describe so I was hoping someone with some knowledge could help me out.

The picture basically looks odd. The people, objects whatever have layers of colors in streaks basically making them look strange or out of focus. For example, skin tone. Instead of one skin tone there are 3 all different shades of the same color. Its not something noticable all the time either so its hard to pin down. I usually see it more watching movies than news programs for example.

Since I've only owned LCDs up to this point, its hard to know if this is just par for the course for these TVs or something is wrong and I need to call Sears.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmaster /forum/post/16968779

I recently purchased a DLP Projection tv from a sears outlet store. Good price 600 for a 62' Mitsubishi HD62527

But I've noticed something and its hard to describe so I was hoping someone with some knowledge could help me out.

The picture basically looks odd. The people, objects whatever have layers of colors in streaks basically making them look strange or out of focus. For example, skin tone. Instead of one skin tone there are 3 all different shades of the same color. Its not something noticable all the time either so its hard to pin down. I usually see it more watching movies than news programs for example.

Since I've only owned LCDs up to this point, its hard to know if this is just par for the course for these TVs or something is wrong and I need to call Sears.

It may be the DLP rainbow effect, a result of color wheel technology.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts