AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the NAD T773 receiver but have found that it does not have DTS 24/96. What is this and should I be concerned that it doesn't have it?

The NAD has an RS 232 port for future upgrades. Is this DTS 24/96 something that will be able to be upgraded into this receiver in the future?

Sorry but I am new to this. Thanks very much for any help.

·
Registered
536 Posts
DTS 24/96 is a digital audio format that is encoded with 24 bits and allows for sampling rates up to 96 KHz. In other words, it allows for very high quality audio streams, including, in particular, 7.1 (discrete) channel sound. Without actually knowing enough about the technical details, I would consider it unlikely that a software update would suffice to add DTS 24/96 decoding capabilities to a receiver; I would imagine that that would require dedicated hardware support.

As for future availability of DTS 24/96 media, beats me. However, I find it unlikely that I, for one, would be able to pick up on the extra bandwidth in any real-life listening test that does not involve a high-end professional set-up.

Cheers,

/R

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
ReneV wrote:

>>DTS 24/96 is a digital audio format that is encoded with 24 bits and allows for sampling rates up to 96 KHz. In other words, it allows for very high quality audio streams, including, in particular, 7.1 (discrete) channel sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.