AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the Pioneer Elite Pro (630HD) accepts a 720p signal. If not, does this mean that your STB must convert 720 to 480p? What about the Hitachi S(X)500?

Do you lose anything in the transition to 480P?

Dp CRT rear projector sets benefit from using the DVI input to the same extent as the DLP sets do.

Finally, does pioneer make their own line doubler, or do they use faroudja or someone else?

Thanks

JW

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jwholm
If not, does this mean that your STB must convert 720 to 480p? What about the Hitachi S(X)500?

Do you lose anything in the transition to 480P?

Dp CRT rear projector sets benefit from using the DVI input to the same extent as the DLP sets do.
1. STBs will usually convert 720p to 1080i I believe.

2. The Hitachi DOES input 720p (I'm not sure about the Elite) and convert it to either 1080i or 540p.

3. Yes

4. I don't think so. In fact I've seen some on here post that they got a better picture on their CRT by going back to component instead of the DVI

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I compared the PE when I got my Hitachi SWX, and the Hitachi upcoverts it to 1080i with an option to switch it to 540p mode, and it looks best in the 1080i upconvert. I don't know what size you are looking at in the HItachi but the 720p stuff didn't look as good on the 65 to me, but looked fine on the 57. I compared 3 sets, with these being 2 of them because the Hitachi hasn't changed how it treats 720p in this years model, and in all 3 of them I had that they all upconverted the signal to 1080i. They will all accept and display in upconverted 1080i, and they both look very good doing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.