AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be ordering a Behringer EP2500 soon to power two sealed shiva x's each in a 3.5 cubic foot sealed box. And i wanna know what to expect when i have everything. Do i need to order a reckhorn b1? What does it even do? What kind of settings should i use for it all? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
As long as you keep the volume trimmed I wouldn't worry about the reckhorn. They have a good bit of xmax and in a sealed box they will have a gradual rolloff.

If you are wanting the home theater shaking I would keep all the filters on the ep2500 off. If you want louder bass without the extreme shaking the cut on the 30 hz filter. I would do without though.

I forget, is the shiva 8 ohm or 4 ohm? If you can get it to work out to have the ep2500 bridged to 8 ohms it will be more than enough power. Or if you wanted 2 ohms on a single channel that will still give each driver over 400 watts. That will be plenty.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Oh, is that 3.5 cubic feet each side or together? I believe they like a larger enclosure.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are two seperate enclosures, each 3.5 cubic feet. I really hope i don't have to buy the reckhorn. That'd save me 85 bucks

They are both dual voicecoil 8ohm subs.. so idk how i would wire them for the ep2500. :/

Thanks brandon.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What you want to do since you have two subs is to wire each sub in parallel and then connect them to their own separate channel on the EP2500. That will give you a 4ohm load on each channel on the EP2500.

By parallel I mean wiring the voice coils on each sub like this:

Don't follow the impedance on that pic since it's for a sub with 2 voice coils that are 4ohm each.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt /forum/post/17095947

Ordered it! So what kinda cable to i use to hook the behringer up to my reciever?

Does your AVR have XLR pre-outs for the sub?

If not, you need RCA to XLR cables, Monoprice.com is the cheapest, Cablestogo.com is a little more they just look and feel better (SQ wise NOTHING different). A2Z cables has even more expensive choices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts