AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the purchase of an HD camcorder. From what I've reading, the TM700 is a good choice. I see that it supports 60 fps at 1080p. Most of the HD content I watch is in 30 fps or 24 fps, as far as I know, and it looks fine. But I'm reading that video shot on these camcorders at 30 or 24 fps will look jerky. I'm just curious why this is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The video that is shot at 24p seems to have pulldown which affects the video. This can be removed but I am not sure if that removes the fact of it looking "jerky". If you film in 60p, it does not have pulldown, it is just true 60p.

My suggestion is to shoot in 60p then if needed you can lower the frame rate when you edit the video.

Do note that 60p sometimes causes problems on certain computers due to not being able to process such a big file. But if you have a pretty decent computer, you should be fine.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs236 /forum/post/19560133

I'm considering the purchase of an HD camcorder. From what I've reading, the TM700 is a good choice. I see that it supports 60 fps at 1080p. Most of the HD content I watch is in 30 fps or 24 fps, as far as I know, and it looks fine. But I'm reading that video shot on these camcorders at 30 or 24 fps will look jerky. I'm just curious why this is.

There is a difference between 30fps interlaced and 30fps progressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced_video

1 - 3 of 3 Posts