AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my LCD is 37'' 720p 1366x768 resolution. GFX is nvidia 7900gs.

I have found that if i put my computer in 1360x768 resolution, windows vista shows up fine. But i want to be able to play games on it. i'm told that i have to set the tv to be the "primary device" in nvidia options to see games.

althogh i'm sure many games have the 1360 resolution in the options, what if i want to play a game that is older and/or doesnt support that specific widescreen resolution in its options?

for example, i want to play thief 2 on my LCD which i know only supports 4:3 resolutsions such as 1024x768, 1280x, and 1600x

so what do i need to do to get the games to show up?

will the game still show up as long as it's running in a resolution lower than the number of pixels on the TV screen?

and does the nvidia control panel scaling affect the TV when the game is in a lower resolution than the tv is in, such as when i use fixed-aspect versus nvidia scaling?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 37" 1080i LCD TV and an 8600GTS. The games that don't support widescreen show up in 4:3 format with black bars on the sides. I didn't do anything special to get the games to show on the TV, but it is the only monitor hooked up to the computer. It is connected with component cable, btw.

Also, check out this website for widescreen gaming:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...itle=Main_Page

1 - 4 of 4 Posts