AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on having my Toshiba 55SL417U calibrated next month or so. Recently I read about how some tvs have 2pt or 10pt grayscale adjustment. I am assuming my tv only has 2pt. Does that mean my tv can't be calibrated as good if were to have 10pt instead. Is it even worth it going ahead with the calibration?

·
Registered
12,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by risk235
I plan on having my Toshiba 55SL417U calibrated next month or so. Recently I read about how some tvs have 2pt or 10pt grayscale adjustment. I am assuming my tv only has 2pt. Does that mean my tv can't be calibrated as good if were to have 10pt instead. Is it even worth it going ahead with the calibration?
On some TVs the grayscale can be calibrated perfectly with just 2pt controls. On others, you can usually get it quite close with just 2pt controls.

Gamma might be a different story however depending on how linear and accurate it is to begin with and what controls are offered (if any) to adjust it.

·
Registered
431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk235 /forum/post/20856849

I am assuming my tv only has 2pt. Does that mean my tv can't be calibrated as good if were to have 10pt instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Theater HiFi /forum/post/0

Grayscale turned out very well. In fact, it's some of the best tracking I've seen from any LCD display. Even though Toshiba only offers a two-point white balance adjustment, the results show a 10-point system is unnecessary. Gamma flattened out a little to a much better average of 2.3 with only slight darkening in the lower end of the luminance scale.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21099323

Roberto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.