AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know it's kind of a weird question... but I have a reason. I have a Harmony 890 that works, only my dogs got a hold of it so a lot of the case/buttons are messed up. I came across a broken Harmony 880 on Craigslist for only $20 but the case perfect. They look like they have the same form factor, so I was just wondering if I could pull the internals out of my 890 and put them in the 880 case.

Any idea?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Looking at the pics of the regular 890 the buttons are exactly the same as the 880 so you should be fine to replace the internals. Just be gentle when prying apart the 880 the tabs are fragile and can easily snap. The way I did was to go all around with a credit card, you can also use a guitar pik or if you can get one of those small cell phones pry tools it would be even better.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/18277555

Looking at the pics of the regular 890 the buttons are exactly the same as the 880 so you should be fine to replace the internals. Just be gentle when prying apart the 880 the tabs are fragile and can easily snap. The way I did was to go all around with a credit card, you can also use a guitar pik or if you can get one of those small cell phones pry tools it would be even better.

Thanks for the reply! I thought they looked exact the same as well, so for the price I'll probably go ahead and do it. I already have my 880 apart and it was a really simple process.

Thanks again for your input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts