AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to run wires for a future DirecTV HDTV install at my house. Currently, I have standard DirecTV, using a circular, dual LNB dish. I run a 3x4 multiplexer to distribute the signal. If I understand correctly, for HDTV, I can just setup another round dish to point at the 119 sattelite, correct?

So, if I were to run 2 more runs from the satellite location to the multiplexer, then buy a 5x8 multiplexer, would I be good to go for standard DirecTV, HD DirecTV, and cable?

In short, would 4 runs from the (dual) sattelite location and a 5x8 multiplexer send all three signals throughout my house?

------------------

-Shag

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes. You'll need 4 feeds from the dish to the multiswitch (I assume that the 5th is for an antenna feed?). 2 feeds from each dual LNB on each dish (1 dish aimed at the 101 and one at the 119). You should be careful to get the correct multiswitch. Mine came with my oval dish, but I've seen the multiswitch on the internet for about $100. Mine does not have the antenna input, but those are available. Of course, make sure to use RG6 coax, since you're running new wires anyway. Enjoy!

------------------

-Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.