AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new system together with the specs below and I'm having an issue where the speakers will give me a high pitch static noise when I move the mouse or there is hard drive activity even with Windows sound muted. I've tried plugging the mouse in the front and using the audio out on my monitor, but still had the static. I can turn the knob on the back of each of the speakers down until the static is low enough not to be heard and adjust my windows volume to compensate, but on my other build I could leave the speakers at max with no issues. GIGABYTE z97n-wifi 4790K 16GB CorsairPlatinum AX 760i PSU EVGA GTX 980 FTW 850 EVO 1TB SSD I tried with M-AUDIO BX5 D2 and JBL LSR305 speakers. I bought a USB sound card, but that didn't resolve the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Strange that the USB sound card didn't resolve the issue. Which sound card was that? The motherboard is putting out a whole lot of EMI for a USB card to be affected, either that or the USB card is pretty bad.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My thought (which could be of no use):

The device shown is a USB dongle to convert USB to Analog.

The analog section of the device and the cables to the stereo are still very close to the PC and subject to possible interference if the USB device is plugged directly into the PC.

I would try using a USB extension cable to move the USB device/DAC/Analog output/Analog cable farther away from the PC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.