Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

I am considering on purchasing a plasma display (Panasonic 37 inch) and considering the lack of inputs and the number of devices I wish to hook up to it, I find that it would be necessary to purchase an A/V switcher as well.

I looked at several of A/V switchers and the JXS 777 seems to satisfy my needs. It can take S-Video, composite, and component inputs, and output S-Video, composite, and components signals. However, can it convert one type of input signal to another type of input signal? Most importantly, can it take an S-Video input signal and convert it to a component video output signal?

If it cannot, can anyone recommend another product that can do this kind of functionality. Another product that I was looking at was the Centerstage CS-2, but that's alot of $$$ :)

If anyone has this product, or is knowledgeable about it's operation, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
800 Posts
The JX-S777 has both a Y/C separator and a Y/C mixer, and can convert between S-video and composite. But no, it will not convert S-video to component.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RRG:

Thanks for your reply. Along the same line, do you, or anyone else in this forum, know if the Centerstage CS-2 is capable of such a signal conversion (Composite/S-Video to Component)? From the documentation I have read, it seems like it can..

Once again, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
871 Posts
The AV Toolbox has such a product and it sells for

I have not tried it but doubt there would be much visible improvement in converting S-video to component.

The JX-777 is a great product and especially useful in an HD environment that includes multiple firewire ported STBs and D-VHS VCRs.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tmitchmd
The AV Toolbox has such a product and it sells for

I have not tried it but doubt there would be much visible improvement in converting S-video to component.
For me, the value of such a conversion would be more in simplifying switching issues. I would like to send all video sources (or as many as possible) through something like the upcoming Key Digital 3-output component matrix switcher.

Todd, do you have a link to the product?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.