AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the screw holes on my Mal-x are not perfectly aligned. I am not able to adjust the wholes as the rubber frame does not move. Is it ok to just plow right through? or does the rubber frame need to remain untouched.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
You could take a knife and trim a bit if it is the rear side ( facing enclosure ) side that's giving you grief. If it's the front side, screwing your fasterner through the hole should align it.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
They hardly ever do perfectly, but you can do this unless something is terribly goofed up! Pull the underside lip out a 1/4- 1/2" and work your way around pushing the slack out in the direction you want to move it. I'll be back in latter to see how you did.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Are you talking about the surround material glued to the frame or the outer rubber gasket lining up with the frame holes.

I found on my driver, the surround was glued to the frame and the holes (on the surround material) did not line up either, they were very close so I could partially see where the screw would go through the frame hole.

The Thick rubber gasket on the outside should just swivel loosely until the the holes in the frame meet the holes of the rubber gasket.

This is one of the reasons I did not seal up my cabinet until I test fitted my driver and drilled holes and screwed it down. Its much easier to adjust the driver that way. Then after I got that all squared away, I took out the driver and sealed it up.

Hope that helps....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts