AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bedroom I want to turn into a media room. The room measures 17'x13'x8'. What is the optimal size projection screen for this size room. What would be the closest the first row of seats could be for the optimal size screen. Also, how many rows of seat could I have. I would like to have either couches or full reclining chairs. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brent

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
IMHO, 17' would be pushing two rows, you may be able to do it, but the back row would most likely be right up against the wall, which isn't good accoutically.

13' across may be enough for 4 seats, if they are narrow. 3 seems more reasonable.

If you went with one row, and left 3 feet behind it before the wall, you would have seating a 14', which, when going by the 1.5 rule would result in a screen about 110" Diag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to seat six with the recliner type chairs, but it sounds like the room may be two small for that. I wouldn't mind going with a smaller screen to gain the second row. The loss of accoustics would be a concern. I guess the thing to do maybe to have one row of recliner chairs with a sitting bar behind them? Thanks for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.